New patients to our practice always begin with our Comprehensive examination for a thorough assessment of their dental health and to establish the best possible plan for treatment.
The comprehensive examination is performed by our principal dentist Dr Heidi Sauer and is made up of two appointments. The first is a one hour thorough examination, and the second is a 45 minute presentation outlining your situation with treatment options, recommendations and costings.
The comprehensive examination includes many more assessments than are typical in an exam but which make a huge difference to your overall health, obtaining the best cosmetic result and ensuring the long term success of the treatment.
The exam, which is tailored to your specific needs and priorities, may include:
- Thorough jaw joint examination, including joint vibration analysis
- Intra- and extra-oral soft tissue exam, including oral cancer screening
- Inspecting your teeth with a diagnostic laser, looking for decay, cracks or faulty restorations
- Examination of your bite to assess whether the way you bite is damaging your teeth or causing pain in your head and neck
- Intra- and extra-oral x-rays of teeth, as well as extra- and intra-oral photos to assist diagnosis
- Thorough gum health analysis
This comprehensive appointment will take about one hour.
Planning Your Treatment
We’ll invite you to return in a couple of weeks. Dr Sauer or Jacki, our Practice Manager, will go through your treatment plan with you. They will discuss your options with you and the costs involved. Payment plans are available, and we have an arrangement with GE Finance that offers plans tailored to your needs.