Maintaining dental hygiene is vital for preventing gum infection and gum disease, and maintaining lifelong oral health.
Dental Artistry offers the services of Katie, our qualified dental hygienist who is highly trained in optimising the dental health of our clients through education and tailored dental health and preventive programs. Dental hygiene appointments usually include diagnostic procedures to evaluate the health of your teeth and gums, in addition to treatment tailored to your individual oral health needs. Your appointment can include:
- A review of your medical history
- Comprehensive assessment of your gum health
- An oral cancer screening
- Evaluation of your bite, chewing and swallowing patterns
- Identification of any cause of bad breath (if appropriate)
- Thorough cleaning and polishing of your teeth
- Assessment of existing dental restorations
- Evaluation of possible cosmetic enhancements to your smile
- Application of decay preventing agents
- Oral hygiene guidance adapted to suit your needs, including tooth brushing and flossing, counseling in proper nutrition and recommendations for future treatment
- Referral to specialists for specific treatment (as needed)
Depending on the health of your teeth and gums, you may need to visit the hygienist every 3, 6 or 12 months. At each visit we monitor you custom oral hygiene program with a view to preventing dental problems rather than treating them years later.